Reminder: O3DE UI-UX design review and office hours
10:00am to 11:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles
Discord - SIg-UX-UI voice channel
Organizer: Joshua Rainbolt, Yuyi Hsu
Hi O3DE Community,
We want to invite you to our UX design review and office hours. This is a bi-weekly meeting and we will cover the following items from the UI-UX SIG.
- UI-UX SIG team will show some of the O3DE workflows that are currently in-progress.
- UI-UX SIG will provide feedback to other UX designers about their O3DE designs.
- UI-UX SIG will provide feedback to the community about O3DE work they are working on.
- Will have open conversations about UX/UI related problems coming down the pipeline.
- Discuss UX tickets
How do I sign up get feedback?
- The Sig UX-UI meeting (Triage and UX updates) will be on every other Wednesday at 10-11pm PST
- The design review/Office hours will be on the opposite weeks.
- This means every Wednesday we have something fun for UX going on.
- You can sign up by going to https://github.com/o3de/sig-ui-ux/issues
- Find the specific event you are interested in attending and getting feedback on.
- In the comment section of that ticket place the details you would like to talk about.
- Please include your name and/or Discord Name
- The area of topic you would like to cover
- The amount of time you might need to review this topic
- Any individuals you have been already working
- Any specific people you would like to attend this session for help.
How can I use office hours:
- Request a "sign-off" on your project from the UI-UX SIG.
- Usability/UX review of your designs/mock-ups.
- Discuss certain customer pain points or UX related topics.
- Brainstorm ideas or solutions to a user problem or feature.
- Submit user research or UX design requests.
What should I bring to the office hour:
- Nothing is required but the following items would be helpful
- A brief project overview or documentation, This should include the following
- A simple user problem statement. As a user I want to solve this problem...
- Who is your audience? Who are the users/user groups affected by the change?
- What is your vision behind this change or update?
- What is your UX issue related to: user interface, usability testing, learnability, documentation etc?
- Materials/Workflows of the existing product. Sketches or wire-frames of ideas. PR/FAQ are also help.
Cut-off time / cancellation
- The UI-UX SIG Office Hours is sign-up based. We will check the topics 24 hours before the scheduled office hour, if no one signs up in the session, we will lock down the agenda of that day.
- If you are unable to attend after signing up, Please just reach out in discord or on the ticket to let us know about the change.